Check out this rather easy Spanish meal to make, Gambas Al Ajillo or Garlic Shrimp as us Brits know it as. Its a great little snack to have with your Tapas and can be found in many bars and restaurants in Alicante.
Gambas Al Ajillo
Equipment: Large frying pan
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 8 minutes
60ml olive oil
5 clove garlic, finely chopped
450g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
2 red chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp paprika
salt, add to taste
30 ml dry sherry
handful parsley, finely chopped
1. Place a large frying pan on low heat and add the olive oil.
2. Once the olive oil is warm, add the chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
3. Then increase the temperature of the pan to medium and add the king prawns, red chilli, paprika and salt.
4. Sear the prawns on one side for 30 seconds then flip and cook the other side for a further 30 seconds. The prawns should be a bright pink with powerful aromas of garlic and chilli.
5. Pour the dry sherry into the pan and reduce for 1 minute then stir in the chopped parsley.
6. Remove the gambas al ajillo from the heat and serve alongside some crusty bread and a cold glass of white wine.